MTN is the most popular network in Africa especially in Nigeria and South Africa, on 25th December 2022, which was Christmas day, a friend of mine called me and ask “how to share data on mtn” what comes to my mind is that maybe he wants to share data to his lover as Christmas gift or something else but anyhow it may be, I’m here today in other to solve the problem on how to share data on mtn not only that this article will also cover how you can share data from other networks like Aitel and Glo. I’m going to share two different methods that you can use to do this and I’m very sure that these two methods will work for you perfectly. let get started.
HOW TO SHARE DATA ON MTN – Method one
To share data on MTN, you will need to have an active data plan and the phone number of the recipient. Here’s how to do it:
Dial *131# from your MTN line and select the “Data Share” option.
Choose the “Data Share Plus” option.
Enter the phone number of the recipient and select the “Send” option.
Select the data plan you want to share and confirm your selection.
Wait for a confirmation message indicating that the data has been successfully shared.
Method 2- how do share data on mtn
You can also share data on MTN using the MTN App. To do this:
Download and install the MTN App on your phone.
Open the app and log in using your MTN number and password.
Tap on the “Data Share” option in the menu.
Enter the phone number of the recipient and select the data plan you want to share.
Confirm your selection and wait for a confirmation message indicating that the data has been successfully shared.
Note: Data sharing is only available on certain MTN data plans and may not be available in all countries. If you are unsure whether you are able to share data or not, you should contact MTN customer care for assistance.
How to share Glo data
Glo is a mobile network operator in Nigeria. To share data on Glo, you can use the following methods:
- Glo Share: This is a service that allows you to share data with other Glo subscribers. To use Glo Share, dial 12701*[recipient’s number]# and follow the prompts to complete the data transfer.
- Glo Data Sharing: This is a service that allows you to share data with multiple Glo subscribers at once. To use Glo Data Sharing, dial 12702*[recipient’s number]# and follow the prompts to complete the data transfer.
- Glo Data Gift: This is a service that allows you to send data as a gift to another Glo subscriber. To use Glo Data Gift, dial 127[recipient’s number]*[data amount in MB]# and follow the prompts to complete the data transfer.
Please note that these services may be subject to terms and conditions, and charges may apply. You should check with Glo for more information about these services.
To share data on Airtel
follow these steps:
- Go to your phone’s settings and select “Mobile Network.”
- Scroll down and select “Access Point Names.”
- Create a new APN by tapping the “+” sign.
- Enter the following information:
Name: Airtel Internet APN: airtelgprs.com Proxy: Leave blank Port: Leave blank Username: Leave blank Password: Leave blank
- Save the APN.
- Go back to the Mobile Network settings and select the new APN you just created.
- Turn on data roaming if you are outside of your home country.
- You can now share your data with other devices by turning on the hotspot feature on your phone. Go to “Mobile Hotspot and Tethering” in the settings and turn on “Mobile Hotspot.” Select the desired data usage limits and set a password to protect your hotspot. Other devices can connect to your hotspot by searching for it in their WiFi settings and entering the password.