Recently, there’s been a growing concern about the rapid depletion of MTN data subscriptions, and it’s not something that sits well with users. Imagine using 24GB for four thousand naira in a week, totaling sixteen thousand in a month—quite frustrating. This prompted me to delve into research to uncover ways to make my data last longer.
During my investigation, I discovered that the issue doesn’t always stem from MTN but can be attributed to certain apps on our phones that consume data unnecessarily. How did I find this out? Well, the first thought that crossed my mind was to wipe my phone and return it to factory settings. However, I wouldn’t advise you to take such drastic measures—keep reading to find a less extreme solution.
Upon wiping my phone, my data subscription started lasting longer. Instead of using up the 24GB within a week, it now extends to a month, sometimes even rolling over to the next month without depletion. Everything was going smoothly until an unexpected turn of events during Saturday.
Having identified the source of the problem, I didn’t want to wipe my phone again. So, what did I do? Below are the steps I took to solve this issue.
How to Make Your Data Subscription Last
1. Identify the Culprit Apps
– Download and install the MTN app from the app store if you don’t have it already.
– Register the phone number you use for browsing.
– Access your info, including airtime balance, data balance, and bonuses.
– Navigate to the data page and look for ‘Data analysis.’
– Click on it to reveal all apps consuming data.
2. Take Action on Culprit Apps
– Locate the identified apps on your phone one by one.
– Long click to reveal more options.
– Uninstall the ones that aren’t useful.
– Stop background running for the remaining apps.
By taking these steps, you ensure that if you don’t log in to a specific app, your data won’t be deducted unnecessarily.
Thank you for your time. If you have any questions or need assistance with other daily challenges, feel free to drop them in the comment section.